One of the most famous Apache Sling Tech Meetup started today. As it is meant for people using slick and some part of it, the meetup started with a Rookie session by Sebastian Schlick. The session was mainly meant for attendees who wanted to know about basics of Sling. For others interested ones, AEM certification conducted by Adobe at same center.
Following sessions were there after the Rookie session:
- Keynote: Apache Sling – Crystal Ball by Mike Müller & Carsten Ziegeler
- Started with talk about Sling 7 and Sling RAD
- Awesome TODO demo application
- Data Replication in Sling by Tommaso Teofili
- Integrating OpenSearch with AEM by Gaston Gonzalez
- Different integration approaches considered.
- Using OSGi Subsystems with Apache Felix by David Bosschaert
- Share dependencies between OSGi subsystems.
- Oak by Michael Dürig
- Proper use of ResourceAccessSecurity by Mike Müller
- A crisp demo showing how authentication mechanism can be applied to different resource providers like MongoDB, Solr Search, ElasticSearch, etc.
- New Features of Sling Health Check by Georg Henzler
- Apache Sling General Validation Framework by Radu Cotescu
- Perform validation based on nodes and properties.
All in all, a perfect start to the event. Looking forward to some more interesting sessions tomorrow.