Automation of testing frameworks helps you improve the quality, speed, and accuracy of the testing processes. The strategy to adopt test automation should clearly define when to opt for automation, its scope and selection of the right kind of tools for execution.
AngularJS framework is rapidly gaining momentum as it can quickly launch applications by extending the functionality of HTML. In this blog, we will discuss the key features and advantages of using Protractor as the end-to-end testing framework of AngularJS applications. Protractor is a Node.js program that supports test frameworks like Jasmine, Mocha, and Cucumber.
Key features of Protractor
The following are some of the features of Protractor that make it worthy for testing AngularJS applications.
- Protractor is a wrapper around WebDriverJS and supports behavior-driven development frameworks like Jasmine, Mocha, Cucumber etc.
- It offers some new locator strategies and functions that automate the testing of AngularJS applications. Protractor works in conjunction with Selenium to offer an automated test infrastructure.
- It makes use of Selenium grid to run multiple browsers at once.
Advantages of Protractor
- No need to add waits and sleeps: As the webpage finishes pending tasks, Protractor executes the next steps of the testing process by automatically connecting with the AngularJS application.
- Page Object: It is easy to set up page objects. Protractor does not perform WebDriver commands till an action is needed, i.e., set up page objects so that tests can operate page elements without moving the HTML.
- Angular-specific locator support: Protractor supports Angular-specific locator strategies including binding, model, repeater as well as native WebDriver locator strategies.
Protractor acts as an end-to-end testing framework for both Angular and non-Angular applications that does not use CSS attributes. Automating web applications built on AngularJS using Protractor is a major step forward for enterprises in their efforts to automate the business process applications.
If you wish to know more about testing AngularJS applications with Protractor, download our whitepaper.