Lets begin with three important questions; the answers to these are key for a winner content.
Why doesn’t your content get a first page ranking even after creating it awesome?
Why is it that your video has less views compared to other videos?
Why aren’t you able to reach the target audience?
It’s no secret that SEO and content run parallel. SEO writing has always focused on optimizing the web page copy by targeting keyword phrases in certain frequencies and densities. But still, research shows that almost 85% of the factors that determine the ranking of the page is based on the activities that occur off-page.
Although keyword research is important, the way a search engine works has evolved with time.
- Google considers the trust and authenticity of your page
- How others perceive your content, and the words used to describe it in links
- Modern SEO targets creating compelling and engaging content
Why Do We Have To Spoon Feed Search Engine?
- They’re not as advanced as you think
- They’re toddlers who need the information given to them in a way that works for them
- You might write an article about “spoon feeding” using metaphors, entertaining analogies, and smart synonyms. But if you don’t use the words “spoon feeding” in certain locations and frequencies along with other SEO best practices, both you and the search engines are out of luck. The toddler goes hungry, and you’re irritated and likely dealing with a mess.
KEYWORD IS THE KEY !!
- Keyword research is cool as it lets you gaze into people’s mind
- Being able to take a look at the words and phrases people use when looking for things online is invaluable
- Once armed with keyword intelligence, you have the unique ability to create highly-relevant content that aids your site visitors and enhances your credibility
- Saying that, it doesn’t mean that you will stuff the content with keywords. It would not be engaging and would be a bad strategy too
- The objective is always to let people find you with the language they use when searching
ESSENTIALS TO COVER FOR KEYWORDS
1. RESEARCH TOOLS
People might tell you Google Keyword Planner is enough to search for a keyword. But more the options, merrier it is.
Few other options that could be used are, Aaron Wall’s SEO BOOK KEYWORD SUGGESTION TOOL, which uses Yahoo! Search data and other useful metrics; YOUTUBE KEYWORD TOOL, one of the best tools that work wonders when it comes to generating relevant tags for videos.
VIDOOLY and SEMRUSH.COM can also be used for online videos.
2. GET SPECIFIC
“Keyword” is the term that gets confused mostly, but what you’re looking for is keyword phrases.
For instance, a real estate lawyer in Delhi, India would gain very little actual benefit from ranking highly for the single word “attorney”. But specific tags based on geography and specialty would yield highly targeted traffic (“Delhi real estate lawyer”). And don’t forget synonyms.
3. STRENGTH IN NUMBERS
No tool is absolutely correct. Don’t consider the reported number of monthly searches by any particular tool as a gospel truth. But do pay attention to relativity among them.
Being realistic is the key. If you are trying to rank in a very competitive sector, aim for something attainable first. Keep in mind that a certain keyword combination can rank for an easier phrase if the most competitive term ends up out of reach.
4. HIGHLY RELEVANT
Make sure that the keywords are in congruence with your objective.
If you are a service provider or if you sell specific products, the relevancy of the keyword may be easier to achieve—you ultimately want someone to purchase the product or service.
5. DEVELOP A RESOURCE
A keyword should be able to develop content that is useful to the readers.
The content generated from the keyword should be able to meet the client’s requests, aid marketing your brand or product and should be worth linking to.
HOW TO MAKE SURE YOUR VIDEO DESCRIPTION OR META DESCRIPTION IS SEO ENRICHED ?
WRITE FOR YOUR AUDIENCE
It is the utmost priority. It seems easy enough, yet many of us get it wrong most of the times.
Write content that appeals to the interests of your target market or answers their questions.
MAKE HEADLINES THAT PACK A PUNCH
You have a very minimal amount of text to make a very big impression. So never underestimate the power of a headline! Ensure your headlines are clear, interesting and make use of rich keywords.
Along with a great headline, make sure your descriptions are interesting and further explain the topic of your article. Your title and meta description are the keys, so ensure they serve the purpose!
USE KEYWORD-RICH PHRASES
Use relevant, keyword-rich phrases in your headlines and throughout your content.
Use keywords thoughtfully and sparingly, sticking to a more natural feel.
STRUCTURE YOUR POSTS
Your content might be great but can easily serve no purpose if it is lost unorganized.
Smaller paragraphs with good headlines make for an easy read that will keep your readers engaged.
PROPEL CONTENT WITH SOCIAL MEDIA
Social media is a powerful tool that helps increase the reach of your content and promote sharing.
Since the power of social media lies in sharing, it’s also important to include social sharing links as part of your descriptions.
Content and SEO are vital pieces of the puzzle, so it’s essential to use quality techniques to ensure higher visibility and traffic.