Offshore Web Development is growing immensely
There has been a constant chase to provide better user experience and launch high performing products faster to market. We live in a product era where multiple product companies launch consumer facing and business critical applications every day. With the growth in product development, there has been a parallel growth in offshore development. Countries like India have become a go-to place for offshore web and development.
There are multiple benefits that product companies avail by outsourcing their development needs to a web development company in India. Some of these benefits include
Most companies initiate a custom web development project being optimistic about the successful completion of the project. However, many a times things dont go as planned. Here are some web development best practices for guaranteed success:
- Leveraging technology expertise offered by offshore web development partner
- Having an access to skilled and certified resources
- Save development time and cost while focusing on the core business or product
- Risk mitigation by going to market faster
- Leverage mature delivery processes of offshore development partner
While there are benefits of working with a partner that provides offshore web development services, there are multiple challenges that product companies face by taking the offshore route.
The challenges that organizations come across while outsourcing web development vary from project to project. However, some of the common challenges that most organizations may encounter are mainly around differences in timezone, communication gap, integration with legacy system, compromised user experience, security gaps & more.
- Delivery processes - Companies that are outsourcing their web development needs to offshore partners often face challenges with the delivery processes of their partner. Offshore web and mobile application development companies in India have started understanding the importance of mature delivery processes and started leveraging DevOps to automate delivery pipeline and adapt to a lean and Agile mindset.
- Vulnerability threats and Security concerns - Security is a significant area of concern and is often compromised owing to breach of customer or partner data. Customers outsourcing their development require a trusted partner than a vendor that can test all the vulnerabilities, detect them early and ensure that the product is bulletproof and secure.
- Lack of trust - Web and mobile development companies in India often face trust issues with their global customers. The trust issues arise on account of communication gaps, delayed project delivery, lack of visibility and many other factors. A good offshore partner takes into account all these considerations and offers a seamless visibility and progress tracking to customers.
- Requirement understanding and discovery - It is crucial for offshore web development company to understand the requirements precisely and discover the project scope ab initio. If project deliverables aren’t clear, there will be gaps and misunderstanding going forward. All the requirements should be gathered and documented by the offshore partner and agreed upon by the customer before kicking off the project. Changes in the scope of work as the project evolves should be also communicated in written.
- Communication and time zone differences - Lack of appropriate communication and coordination between distributed teams leads to delayed project delivery. At times, timezone differences may add to the hassle & cause redundancy and wasting time and resources.
- Feedback incorporation - Feedback requests are often not incorporated during the course of the development, increasing the time to delivery. Agile methodology helps to remain iterative across the product lifecycle.
- Lack of Visibility & Transparency - At times, offshore partners do not have the right project management tools thereby lacking visibility and clarity. It becomes difficult for clients to estimate on the delivery timelines, track bugs and raise requests. It is important for offshore web development companies to provide progress notifications to customers. Lack of visibility and lack of transparency often creates mistrust. Some offshore web development companies in India also provide a cost sheet to clients so that manhours of resources are tracked transparently.
- Obligation and long term contractual needs - Some outsourcing web development companies try to engage the client into long term contracts from the initial stage, leaving them with little choice to change their offshore partner in case of issues with the partner’s approach. Such contracts may also hamper flexibility and ability to adapt project with time.
How to Make Offshore Development Successful?
Making offshore web development seamless should be the mantra of any offshore web development company. Some of the web and mobile development companies in India are able to deliver projects well in time with highest quality standards whereas some others are still struggling with their delivery processes.
Organizations that falter on commitments develop a negative outlook in the minds of product companies about offshore web development services and companies in general. This is not the case always.
At TO THE NEW, we understand the concerns of product companies and enterprises pertaining to application development outsourcing. Our web product development approach and practices ensure that the concerned are addressed and all the perils pertaining to offshore web application development are mitigated or rather eliminated.
Apart from providing cost arbitrage, we ensure providing value acting as partners rather than vendors across the development lifecycle. We follow Agile methodology for all the outsourced web application development projects.
Distributed Agile Teams - How we manage them?
Most companies outsourcing web development face team management problems. As teams are distributed in most of the projects, managing them regularly and tracking progress of the project becomes challenging. At TO THE NEW, we follow best practices for managing distributed Agile teams.
Some of the practices include:
- Pre-Sprint planning to ensure interdependencies are met
- Product owner meetings for discussing backlogs, dependencies and user experiences
- Sharing code knowledge through reviews between teams enhances the knowledge and makes it possible to resolve issues in production quicker, when any of the teams is not available
- Continuous Integration to identify design related issues, increasing test scenarios and fix these issues simultaneously
- Create guidelines to keep all team members on track, identifying gaps and resolving them well in time
- Distributed daily scrum meetings to verify the progress, resolve bottlenecks and quickly escalate the issues that need attention
- Test driven development to ensure high quality product delivery Enterprise tools for improving communication, development and managing teams more effectively
- Joint Retrospectives for internal feedback on release quality and capability, milestones, ways to improve future releases
- Building rapport amongst team members increases trust, boosts morale and minimizes conflicts
- Continuous refactoring - Facilitates extending and evolving the architecture at any time during the development
- DevOps - Automation of redundant tasks across delivery pipeline to improve time to market
- Automation testing -Test automation leveraging tools such as SeeTest, Appium, Selenium and others enabling faster release cycles
- Lean Code and Design - Leverage the principles of YAGNI and ensure Semantic code and integration with tools like Swagger for documenting APIs
- Continuous Integration - Progress notification and environment visibility for complete visibility of the day-to-day and weekly progress in development
Services and Technologies
Our offshore web and mobile application development services cover:
Create delightful experiences that impact customer satisfaction, brand perception and conversion rates.
Built 200+ business critical and consumer facing products with a design led engineering approach & counting...
Web Content Management
Personalized, contextual, and consistent digital experience across channels
Intuitive and experiential mobile solutions to drive engagement and provide compelling user experience
Automate end to end delivery pipeline across leading cloud platforms
Automation and manual testing for error-free delivery of applications
Meaningful and actionable insights from data and analytics
Cloud Managed Services
24/7 complete infrastructure managed services
Our 750+ technology experts carry wide-ranging knowledge and experience on technologies such as:
Design Discovery I Persona Mapping I Prototyping I Usability Testing I UI Design
Angular I Express I Bootstrap I HTML I CSS I Polymer I React I Node.js I Express.js I Grails I Spring I Hibernate I MongoDB I MySql
iOS I Android I Roku TV I Apple TV I Android TV
Drupal I AEM I Wordpress
Hadoop I Cassandra I Spark
AWS I Microsoft Azure I Docker I Chef I Jenkins I Puppet
Selenium I Appium I SeeTest I Cucumber
24*7 managed services and support