At TO THE NEW, we are dedicated to treating all people with due respect and facilitating workspaces and relationships that are safe, ethical and transparent. We strive to not pursue relationships that facilitate, endorse or encourage modern slavery practices, whether directly or indirectly.
- Operating its business in accordance with the UN Declaration on Human Rights and Modern Slavery Act 2018 (Cth)
- Ensuring our people understand modern slavery and the risk it presents to our operations
- Providing our people with appropriate avenues for reporting potential instances of modern slavery within our operations, or the operations of our suppliers and/or clients
- Mitigating modern slavery risk within our operations
- Eliminating potential and/or actual modern slavery practices from our operations and supply chain
- Utilising the due diligence completed to date to facilitate effective action plans and ‘next steps’ in the pursuit of modern slavery risk mitigation and elimination using a proactive approach
- Ensuring appropriate transparency with our people, clients, suppliers and stakeholders regarding the maturity of our modern slavery due diligence process and the findings arising from this
- Enhancing our plan for measuring the effectiveness of our existing modern slavery risk framework
We are a global leader in software, providing the cloud software and digital solutions used by organizations around the globe. Headquartered in Singapore, we have operations and offices in USA, India, Australia and UAE. Our supply chains are predominantly based within the countries in which we operate.
Due to the nature of our services, our business operations are predominantly in the Software Development and Technical arena, in addition to professional services including project management, customer support, service delivery and implementation.
We provide services to a range of public and public sector organizations, such as local and national government, small, medium and large private enterprises. TO THE NEW focuses primarily on key market leaders in its market such as Microsoft/Amazon Web Services / DELL & Apple where downstream supply chains are adequately vetted and reported upon.
We operate the following policies that describe our approach to the identification of modern slavery risks and steps to be taken to prevent slavery and human trafficking in our operations:
- HR Policy - We promote our Modern Slavery Policy within our Team onboarding process which is available to all colleagues and is provided upon commencement of employment. We have zero tolerance of any threat of physical or sexual violence, harassment or intimidation against employees and their family, or close associates. Our policies are clearly defined and communicated to all employees. All our employees are treated fairly and equally, and are paid at least the national minimum wage. Our employees won’t be forced to work in excess of the number of hours permitted in law, and normal working hours won’t exceed 48 hours per week average unless the employee agrees.
- Purchasing Policy - The organization is committed to conducting purchasing activities in a fair, objective and transparent manner that satisfies the requirements of accountability and internal controls. Emphasis is placed on selecting suppliers and service providers that demonstrate recognisable environmental, sustainable, business integrity along with Corporate Social Responsible (CSR) standards including but not limited to compliance with laws and regulations, respect for human rights, labor working conditions, equal opportunities, health and safety accreditation, maintenance and promotion of information security, fair trade and acceptable corporate ethics.
- Recruitment Policy - The organization uses only specified, reputable employment agencies to source agency workers and always verifies the practices of any new agency it is using before accepting workers from that agency.
- Whistleblowing Policy - We encourage all of our employees, customers and other business partners to report any concerns related to the direct activities, or the supply chains of, TO THE NEW. This includes any circumstances that may give rise to an enhanced risk of slavery or human trafficking. Our whistleblowing procedure is designed to make it easy for employees to make disclosures, without fear of retaliation.
- Our values - TO THE NEW’s values of Customer Focus, People Centricity, Authenticity, Complete Ownership and Continuous Improvement makes clear to our employees the actions and behavior expected of them when representing TO THE NEW. We strive to maintain the highest standards of employee conduct and ethical behavior when operating
The organisation has raised awareness of modern slavery issues by circulating information to employees. The information explained to relevant employees:
- The principles of the Modern Slavery Act;
- How employers can identify and prevent slavery and human trafficking;
- What employees can do to flag up potential slavery or human trafficking issues to the relevant parties within the organisation
As a leading global digital engineering business, TO THE NEW recognises that modern slavery and human trafficking are significant global issues that present challenges for businesses around the world. In line with our values of Customer Focus, People Centricity, Authenticity, Complete Ownership and Continuous Improvement, we are committed to continually improving our practices to combat modern slavery and human trafficking within our supply chains. We have a zero-tolerance approach to these issues and act with integrity in all our business arrangements.