Clonezilla is a software that can be used to make image of system that can later be used to install this image on new system, to make it a clone of former system.
Here are the steps to create image of a system by clonezilla
- Create a Bootable USB drive Using Clonezilla. Follow the link to know more
- Boot the system you want you clone using Bootable USB (i.e Perfect System)
- On Booting by USB you’ll see Clonezilla home screen, select Clonezilla live.
- Next it will ask you for language (Choose the one you prefer)
- Then it will ask you for policy to handle keymaps, Select “Dont Touch my keymap”
- Next it will ask you whether you want to “start clonezilla” or “launch shell”, select “start clonezilla”
- Next it will ask you for mode, select device-image
- Next it will ask you where you want to mount image, select skip (as we want image on USB drive)
- Next it will ask you for which harddisk you want to make image, Select harddisk and press enter
- Next it will prompt you for beginner or advanced mode, select beginner
- Then it will ask which operation you want to perform, select savedisk, this will save local disk as image on USB drive
- Then it will prompt you fir name by which you want to save it.
- Then All you need to do is press enter few times ( only when prompted )
- Next it will show you screens actually working, and when it completes. You are ready with image of your system
- Go and create clone of your system, using the image in USB drive.
Below are the links to images depictung full process.But images are taken from a camera, so please bear with their quality.
Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4, Image 5, Image 6, Image 7, Image 8, Image 9, Image 10