Adobe Scout is a Profiling tool for Flash content running on both the Desktop (Flash Player) and Mobile (Adobe Air) devices.
This tool will gives us the insight into the behaviour of Flash Content. It help us to get performance issues in Action script code. It gather all information about what’s going on inside Flash Player. This tool helps us to understand how ActionScript code interacts with the run-time, so you can really get to the root of your performance problems.
• Instantly determine how your app is performing with zero code changes.
• Code sampler shows you where your app spends its time.
• Display list recording shows you what you rendered and how it performed.
• GPU recording lets you step through every draw call and rapidly debug and optimize your shaders.
Steps to run Adobe scout on Web:
- Download and Install Adobe Scout from http://www.adobe.com/in/products/scout.html
- Launch Adobe scout on your machine.
- Open any Flash content on any browser, Adobe scout will automatically detect flash content and start profiling it on the basis of Frame time, Memory, Event and CPU Utilization.
- User can verify Frame time, Memory, Event and CPU Utilization on Flash Web contents, as mentioned in above screenshot.
Steps to run Adobe scout on Mobile:
- Download Adobe scout on your mobile from App store/Play store/Amazon Store as per your requirement.
- Install App on respective device.
- Launch Adobe scout on your respective device
- Enable “ON” as mentioned in above screenshot.
- Go to your desktop screen and get IP of your machine.
- Make sure your Machine and device should be on same network.
- Enter Machine IP under choose a machine section
- Click on Done.
- Make sure App is running on background.
- Open Adobe sout application on your desktop.
- Now Play any Flash Game or Flash content app, It will start profiling it on the basis of Frame time, Memory, Event and CPU Utilization on your desktop.