AngularJS is based on the concept of MVC ( Model, View & Controller ).
View is the final HTML page that is rendered to user after the processing of angularjs is completed.
ViewModel is a special object that is specific for every view. It aids in providing data which is meant for that particular view. We refer the ViewModel object by a variable named $scope.
A Controller is used to express/manipulate the behavior of the DOM elements. The ViewModel variable $scope is available to controller function and it adds properties and methods to the $scope, that it can access later.
Some of the outstanding features of angularjs are :
1. Two ways data binding
2. MVC architecture
3. Dependency Injection
5. Testing Support
6. Form Validation
7. Creation of Reusable Components
We will further explore the above mentioned features of AngularJS later in this series of blogs.
Till then, have fun
Read Further on AngularJS Series
- AngularJS : Updating a Label Dynamically with User Input
- AngularJS : Text Suggestions
- AngularJS : Sorting objects on various attributes
- AngularJS : Fetching data from the server
- AngularJS : Multiple Views, Layout Template and Routing
- AngularJS : Implementing Routes And Multiple Views
- Building Intuitive Frontend Interfaces with AngularJS