Marketing has never been easy. But the development in technology has reduced the workload. The task is still big but digitization heavily assists the marketers. Marketing Automation is one such product of the developing technologies. It is a process of using software to carry out repetitive marketing work.
Marketing Automation is a valuable part of Digital Marketing. Through the Marketing Automation Platforms, companies can enable personalized digital marketing. They can easily develop effective marketing strategies for better growth.
One of the techniques used in Marketing automation is Email marketing. Bringing out some interesting facts to understand how powerful email marketing is.
- There are 4 billion daily email users. This number is expected to climb to 4.6 billion by 2025. (Statista, 2021)
- 4 out of 5 marketers said they’d rather give up social media than email marketing. (Litmus, 2020)
- 59% of Millennials primarily use their smartphone to check email, while 67% of Generation Z scans their inbox on mobile. (Bluecore, 2021)
Email marketing is about sending promotional, informational, lead nurturing emails etc., to a list of contacts who have given their permission to receive email communications from you. Modern email marketing has moved away from one-size-fits-all mass mailings to focusing on consent, segmentation, and personalization. It might look like a complex task, but marketing automation does the heavy lifting for you.
About The Client – Invest India
A foreign company that aims to set up a home in India finds Invest India considerably helpful. If you are also thinking of investing or setting up a business in India, Invest India is your go-to guide. Invest India is the first point of contact for global companies whom they handhold from the day global companies start exploring India as an investment destination and at every step of the way throughout their journey in the world’s most liberal investment destination.
From supporting India’s expanding start-up ecosystem to harnessing the power of innovation from India’s laboratories and bringing them to the market or identifying, developing, and deploying technologies on-ground, Invest India’s work covers the entire gamut of India’s transformational business sector.
We are also working with some of the initiatives of Invest India for their email marketing requests.
- AGNIi – Accelerating Growth of New India’s Innovations – is a programme of the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India. AGNIi helps commercialise Indian technological innovation. They help those who have the technology and deliver it where needed. So if you ever need to find a technology that might help your next innovation, You know where to look at it.
- IIG – India Investment Grid (IIG) is an initiative of the Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade (DPIIT) Ministry of Commerce, Government of India and Invest India, the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency. They showcase a menu of investment options across India on a single interactive platform. Through this, FII and other VCs who want to invest in India and are looking for investment opportunities can find all the relevant information in just one click.
Invest India wanted to strengthen their presence/awareness through their different sectoral newsletters to promote a direct dialogue, communicate their recent sectoral developments, investment opportunities, and engage with the stakeholders powerfully, so Invest India engaged TO THE NEW to manage their email marketing campaigns.
The team at TO THE NEW started working with Invest India for email marketing in March 2021 and came up with a robust email marketing strategy to reach out to their target audience, which was mainly investment stakeholders, C level executives, and every department of the government of India.
Solution Implemented & Impact
- Managing different newsletter templates (AGNIi, events newsletter, PE/VC newsletter, Stressed asset newsletter, etc) and creating & deploying 15-18 monthly unique newsletters around the content pillars: policies & schemes, events and critical announcements by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi / Union Ministers regarding Investment opportunities in India.
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders at Invest India to devise monthly newsletters for email marketing and reporting the email engagement.
- Planning & launching various engaging awareness campaigns through newsletters including GIFs, and designing visually appealing newsletters.
- Extending support for other tasks like inputs for email marketing strategy, designing GIFs, creating awareness related to new Investment policies, etc.
- Maintain list hygiene. Updating the lists timely by making sure that unsubscribes or incorrect email ids are removed.
What magic did TO THE NEW do for Invest India?
- Newsletters from scratch: We have a team of experts designers that produce newsletters from scratch. We don’t leave a single piece of information uncovered graphically
- Appealing designs: The newsletters delivered by us have GIFs and appealing designs that attract the stakeholders. This brings more customer attention and thus helps in changing the perception of Invest India (of not being a typical government organization)
- Meet the deadlines: No matter how stringent the deadlines are, we delivered the newsletters right on time, improving the Customer Happiness Index. We are experts when it comes to meeting deadlines. (pulling development and deployment of 2-3 newsletters in a day)