well we can run SQL Queries and browse database through IDEA with a good GUI interface.
It Just Requires Two Steps:
1) Setup (One time)
2)Usage (how to)
1) Download the Database Navigator Tool From Intellij Repo -> Download Tool
2) Then Execute in the Directory containing the downloaded file
unzip DBN_9912.zip; cp -rfvp DBNavigator /opt/idea/plugins/
assuming “/opt/idea” is the idea installation directory, Feel free to change this as required.
3) Restart IDEA
4) Now in your IDEA Left Dock Bar You will see the DB Browser Tab(As shown in the image below)
5) Click On That Tab
6) Now in DBNavigator window click on Settings Button(The Last Button on the tools menu)
7) On Connections Tab, Click on the “+” button to add the connection. Do the settings(One Time Step), Sample settings is shown below:
Using is very simple,
You can RUN SQL Queries with Auto-complete(hav’t tried this yet though)..
See Database Schema and Content Inside Idea through a very Intiutive Interface.
Here are the Screenshots for what all you can do:
More Screen shots: