Executive - Subtitle Editor - Indian Regional Languages2-4 yearsNoidaGraduation/Post Graduation
- Transcribe, translate and proofread all types of media in Indian regional languages, maintaining the essence of the colloquial language in Audio, Video or Documented Scripts/ Subtitles formats.
- Translating from English into Indian Regional languages or IRL to English.
- Translate and localise video content with colloquial language and aptly adapt the references and content as per regional acceptance.
- Conforming existing scripts/subtitle files to particular specifications of various clients.
- Complete work assignments in a timely and accurate manner
- Able to apply client-specific protocols as needed and adhere to all special instructions
- Be proactive and communicate problems/developments effectively to the Manager, peers, and/or internal staff as needed.
- Proofread or QC language files in the form of audio, video or documented scripts/subtitles.
- We are scouting for candidates with expertise in any of the following Indian Regional Languages: Oriya, Bengali, Malayalam, Telugu, Hindi and Gujarati.
- Excellent command of native regional language written and spoken, as well as slang and conversational expressions
- Good translations skills and ability to read, write and proof read in regional languages fluently.
- Fluency in English, both writing and comprehending
- Thorough knowledge of using specialist dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books to find the closest equivalent for terminology and words used.
- Good research skills to be able to verify names of places, people, events or any references mentioned in the video content.
- Ability to comprehend different accents of English & all dialects of native regional language.
Good to Have:
- Familiarity with subtitling and captioning tools like MacCaption, CaptionMaker, Ooona, Subtitle edit, Aegisub etc.
- Knowledge of different subtitles/ closed captioning formats such as SCC, SRT, TTML (.dfxp, .xml, .ttml) etc.
- Good skills with Office software's and troubleshooting related to Indic languages and fonts.