Senior Database Administrator4-6 yearsNoidaGraduation/Post Graduation
A professional database administrator (DBA) will keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in the appropriate format and in a timely manner.
- Cross-platform data migration.
- Database migration from cloud to on-prem.
- Handling client communications and understanding the requirement.
- Attitude to learn and work in flexible working hours
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Candidates should have proven 3-7yrs working experience as a Database administrator in Oracle or MySql or Postgres with hands-on DBA activities
- Good in Linux or Solaris environment
- Should be well versed with the installation patching of databases.
- Hands-on on DB upgrades DB migration activities.
- Competency in troubleshooting DB performance issues.
- Proficiency in Dataguard Building DR databases and Performing DR drills.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge implementing table partitioning.
- Competency on Unix shell Scripting.
- Awareness of SOX compliance and Comfortable in implementing DB auditing.
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end-user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages API
- Problem-solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- Flexible, team player, get-it-done personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification
Good to have:
- SQL optimization
- Knowledge of database management on Cloud
- Prior experience in handling client communications
- Prior experience of any ETL tools
- Oracle RAC
- Oracle GoldenGate