Senior Software Engineer - DevOps4-6 yearsNoidaGraduation/Post Graduation
- Design the architecture for hosting applications on AWS based on customer needs
- Setup, deploy and manage applications on AWS
- Identify performance bottlenecks and optimize the performance using solutions like database indexes, Varnish, Memcache, Redis , CloudFront e tc.
- Implement auto-scaling
- Automate deployments(CI&CD) & other repetitive tasks using shell/Python scripts or tools like Capistrano, Jenkins, CodeDeploy etc.
- Configure centralized configuration management using tools like Chef/OpsWorks, Puppet, Ansible etc.
- Implement automated backups
- Configure automated alerts/alarms and act on any outages/incidents
- Ensure that the infrastructure is secured and can be accessed from limited IPs and ports
- Manage permissions, backup and performance across different databases like MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres etc.
- Coordinate with development teams to fix issues, release new code
- Manage teams across multiple projects
- Understand client requirements, propose solutions and ensure delivery
- Innovate and actively look for improvements in overall infrastructure
- Bachelor's Degree, with 3+ years experience in System Administration with at least 1+ year experience in AWS
- Should have worked on various AWS services like: EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFront, CloudFormation, CloudTrail etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-versed with shell scripting
- Well-versed with Web-Servers (Nginx, Apache etc)
- Self-starter and ability to deliver under tight timelines
- Comfortable to contribute both as a lead as well as an individual
Good to have:
- Exposure to various tools like Nagios, NewRelic, Loggly, Log Stash, Chef, Puppet, Ansible , DataDog, Splunk, JIRA, Confluence, Tr ac, Wiki etc
- Prior experience in managing infrastructure for public facing web-applications
- Prior experience in handling client communications
- Knowledge of programming languages and databases