We are looking for a Cloud FinOps Engineer with at least 1 years of experience on the AWS cloud. The candidate should have a broad knowledge of the AWS cloud offering and consumption model. You will drive the FinOps principles which are the combination of systems, best practices, and culture designed to optimize the cloud spend. You will work closely with multiple technology/business stakeholders to implement new solutions and drive continual process improvements.
- Solution design, architecture blueprints, cost estimates of the components, and detailed documentation.
- Proactively provide data-driven and quantitative cost optimization opportunities for the customers and support the customer’s team to achieve the same.
- Do POC on the new services/features launched by the AWS, and integrate them with the existing systems for better performance & cost savings.
- Independently review client infrastructure and conduct cost optimization audits and well-architected reviews to identify cost in-efficiencies like underutilized resources, architectural pitfalls, pricing options.
- Implement governance standards, including resource tagging, account structure, provisioning, permissions, and access.
- Built a cost-aware ecosystem and increase cost visibility by the use of alerting and reporting.
- B.E/B.Tech/MCA, with at least 2 years of experience working on the AWS cloud.
- Broad knowledge of the AWS cloud offering and consumption models.
- Well-versed in any scripting languages like Python, Bash.
- DevOps Practices.
- Effective communicator with the ability to drive discussions among stakeholders from entry-level to C-suite level.
- Experience with any third-party cost optimization tools like CloudCheckr, CloudAbility, CloudHealth, etc.
- Deep understanding of AWS billing constructs like:
- Pricing Option: On-demand, Reserved/Savings Plan, Spot
- Cost and Usage Reports
- AWS Cost Management Tools
- Any of the Certifications:
- AWS Certified SysOps Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional
- AWS Certified DevOps Professional
- Prior experience in handling client communications
- Self-starter and ability to deliver under critical timelines