Clonezilla is a software that allows you to do bare metal backup and recovery.
To install Clonezilla we would need following Softwares, all of which are available freely.
- 7zip ( p7zip-full_9.04~dfsg.1-1_i386.deb)
- Tuxboot (tuxboot-linux-8 )
- Clonezilla (clonezilla-live-1.2.6-40-i686.iso)
Here are the steps to install CloneZilla
- Install 7zip required to install Tuxboot
- sudo dpkg -i p7zip-full_9.04~dfsg.1-1_i386.deb
- It would show something like
- (Reading database … 168886 files and directories currently installed.)
- Preparing to replace p7zip-full 9.04~dfsg.1-1 (using p7zip-full_9.04~dfsg.1-1_i386.deb) …
- Unpacking replacement p7zip-full …
- Setting up p7zip-full (9.04~dfsg.1-1) …
- Processing triggers for man-db …
- And Step 1 is done. 7Zip is Installed.
2. Run tuxboot
- By default tuxboot is not executable , change it permission to make it.
- chmod +x tuxboot-linux-8
- Run tuxboot with sudo permission
- sudo ./tuxboot-linux-8
- Set the values as shown in image
5.1. Select Diskimage – then in adjacent dropdown select iso
5.2. And then select the clonezilla image ( the one you downloaded)
5.3. Type – usb drive
5.4. Press “OK” . And let it complete. It will ask to reboot afterwards , but you can also reboot later
3. And your clonezilla usb is ready now. You may now use it to clone systems.