In the recent re:Invent 2014 conference in Las Vegas, Amazon announced about its fifth database: Amazon Aurora. Aurora becomes the latest addition to the list of databases available on Amazon RDS after MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and PostgreSQL. It is a fully managed database which consist of speed and reliability which will help you achieve same through put which you will get in a high-end commercial database in a cost effective manner.
1) It comes with capacity of 32 vCPUs and 244 GiB of RAM and it also scales in size whenever needed upto 64TB i.e. You don’t need to provision storage upfront.
2) As it is a fully managed Service, RDS takes care of every actions which occurs when database is running like rebooting the server if the database stops running.
3) It supports for 15 read replica.
4) It automatically detect database crashes and restart within 60 seconds without the need for crash recovery or to rebuild the database cache.
5) It also support Resource-level Permissions (e.g. Instances, Snapshots, Parameter Groups, Event Subscriptions, Options Groups).