Amazon S3 offers a highly durable, scalable, and secure solution for backing up and archiving your critical data. You can set the lifecycle of the objects stored on the buckets, that will automatically delete or move these objects to the Glacier according to the set rules.
Follow these steps to add the lifecycle of an bucket:
- Select a Bucket on which you want to add the lifecycle rules.
- Select the lifecycle option from the properties window and click on add rule.
- You will get a screen like that
- Check the enable check box to enable the lifecycle policy.
- Give a name to the policy.
- If you want to add the rule for the whole bucket check that box or you can give prefix to apply on the matched objects only.
- Now you have two options either you can delete the objects or move them to the glacier.
- Select the option “days from the creation date” and specifies the number of days from creation date after which objects will be removed.
- Click on the save button and rules will be saved and applied on the bucket.