Opening a bank account or a savings account is a usually a long and tedious form filling exercise of filling 3 to 4 pages. Moreover, these forms contain small font that makes it hard to read them. Many times, bank executives to ease you from this trouble ask you to sign in particular places of the form, assuring they will take care of rest. However, this is not an ideal state as it may lead security issues later.
In highly regulated firms like banks, government and healthcare forms are very complex. Not only there is a requirement of a long and complicated from, but also the further processing and security of data are also critical.
In the current era, where everything is going digital, there is a need for a tool that can make this process easy and user-friendly. Banks need straightforward and easy to understand online form for an applicant and secure workflow for firms that is a good correspondence management after form submission.
Well! There is good news. Adobe has developed AEM Forms tool that not only makes the development of complex form very easy but also simplifies their management. With this tool, you can easily create multi-step interactive adaptive forms instead of going for long and ambiguous PDF/Paper forms.
It gives you lots of out of box component like E-sign, file attachment, scribble signature, form fragment (a similar panel that is created once and used on multiple forms) which makes it easy for an author to create complex forms.
It also provides many inbuilt features like prefilling of forms, theme development console, rule editor, inbuilt complex submit actions like PDF generation of HTML form, emailing the form data to an applicant on successful submission and much more. You can easily write your custom submit action if needed.
The AEM Forms leverages AEM Web Content Management capabilities, along with analytics from the Adobe Marketing Cloud, to help organizations efficiently develop, publish, and manage enterprise forms.
Below are some of the details about AEM forms which will justify the above statement:
1) AEM Form Types:
AEM forms let you extend new and existing forms to create pixel-perfect, paginated HTML and PDF forms that look almost like paper, or adaptive forms that automatically render for a user’s device and browser.
2) Form Model – AEM forms provides a feature for binding a form to a schema or XDP form for ease of back-end integration.
3) Using Rule Editor, you can directly add logic for a particular field in form without the requirement of scripting. It provides touch interface to write the logic for a field in the form quickly.
4 ) Upon submission of a form, you may want to create a record of the submission. AEM Forms can create PDF documents by utilizing out of box service. You just need to create an XDP file in AEM designer and use it as a template for your document of record.
5) AEM forms out of box correspondence management functionality. You can easily integrate your form data with data fragment used in AEM letters and send it to anyone using AEM inbuilt mail service with little coding.
6) AEM provides an easy addition of Analytics, Adobe Sign, Target using the built in Forms Manager.
7) Sophisticated form capabilities such as form fragments, lazy loading, context-sensitive help, ability to save forms on the server-side these all ensure ease of form authoring and provide a high-performing user experience.
8) AEM also provides easy localization of current form. Can easily create a localized version of existing form using a machine or existing translation services on your instance.
In further blogs, there will be details of each point i.e. how to implement it in AEM console. Hope this helps all AEM Developers, keep watching for more.